Every day, patients consult their physicians regarding their health problems, in search of hope and healing. Although there are excellent medical professionals in New York, sometimes mistakes occur, resulting in permanent, life-changing or even fatal injury. According to a conservative estimate by the Institute of Medicine, medical errors are the eighth leading cause of death in the U.S., and preventable medical errors cost the nation about $17 billion annually.
These errors occur in all regions of the state from New York City, into Long Island through Upstate New York, across to Buffalo ̶ even at the top-ranked hospitals, including:
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, New York
- NYU Langone Hospitals, New York
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, Long Island
- NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, Long Island
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, Long Island
- Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx
- Francis Hospital-Roslyn, Roslyn, Long Island
Victims of medical malpractice may be entitled to compensation for lost income, the cost of health and personal care, and other damages related to their injuries. Grieving survivors of medical malpractice victims can also pursue payment for damages in a wrongful death claim.
Types of Medical Malpractice in New York
- Delays in diagnosis or misdiagnoses of a medical conditions
- Failure to order or interpret diagnostic tests results correctly
- Surgical errors
- Treatment errors
- Medication errors
- Birth Injuries
Our New York lawyers are committed to helping you fight for your legal rights. If you or someone you love has been injured, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.